Social Assistance

Social Assistance

The Social Assistance department is managed by Gertrude Seymour and cheque issue days are generally on the last working day of the month. If the last day of the month falls on a Monday or Friday, I will be here. In order to qualify for income assistance, you must make an appointment.
(250) 656-0191
Business Hours

Tuesday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Required Documents for Income Assistance Include:

  • 2 pieces of ID – 1 being a recent picture ID (not expired)
  • 1 piece of ID for children
  • Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada
  • Notice of Entitlement (family allowance) if you have children
  • Bank statement
  • Record of Employment (ROE)
  • Hydro bill
  • Phone bill
  • Rental agreements (from Housing department)
  • A consent to release of information from the Ministry (if you have been away from the reserve)

Your File Must Contain:

  • ID
  • An application (yearly)
  • A budget and decision sheet
  • A consent to release of information
  • A utility payment authorization
  • Utility bills (hydro, phone, rent, etc.)
  • Social Assistance Monthly Renewal Declarations
  • Notice of Assessment
  • Notice of Entitlement
  • Bank statement
Once these documents are signed, they are legal documents. Files must be turned over to the RCMP if you fraudulently obtain money from income assistance.